Interior Design signifies the huge importance and the meaningful association that exists between man and his space. It could be either the functionality & utility concepts or the creative & innovative expressions necessary to enhance life style values in the ever changing dynamic environment.
The objective of the course is to make students familiar with the meaning and purpose of design and train them in visual composition using two dimensional and three dimensional objects. Also to train the eye and hand in interior perception and to develop a series of compositions which eventually qualify as meaningful forms.
The course work is an interdisciplinary approach integrated with concepts of material science and design skills. Students are encouraged to work on live projects in association with major consultant architects and interior design companies besides internship in industry. There is also scope and opportunity for students to develop self-written design projects. Workshop and CAD facilities help students to produce textile design solutions for architecture or interior design applications.
Interior Designing Courses:
- B.Sc (INTERIOR DESIGNING) 3 YEARS
- DIPLOMA IN INTERIOR DESIGINING
- SHORT TERM CERTIFICATE COURSE INTERIOR DESIGINING (6 MONTHS)
Interior Design Career Prospects
- Drafting: Grids, lettering, Scale, Layout, Isometric view.
- Graphics: Colour Wheel, Free hand perspective, Rendering, Pencil shading.
- Furniture Design: Standard size of Furniture, Anthropometric details, Free hand Sketches.
- Building construction: Bricks, Foundation, Arches, Type of Flooring.
- Interior Design: Placement of Furniture, Plan, Elevation, Projects, Bedroom, Living/Dinning, Kitchen.